Executive leadership Integrating Strategy, Sales, Product Development & Marketing Expertise to Increase Revenue Globally
Revenue Driver • Innovator • Disruptor • Combinatorial Marketing Connector • Vision • Leader
Global Achievements at a Glance
Senior VP of Global Sales and Marketing, MBLOX ($160 revenue), Atlanta, GA—2014 to 2016
- Achieved 15% YOY Sales, spurred 84% increase in service usage adding $22M in sales from new and existing accounts in one year. Established new global sales plan, structure and compensation plan. Developed Revenue Project Office, and personally initiated and ran key negotiations with Wells Fargo, Google, Facebook, and others. Increased lead gen by 60% YoY, creating revenue pipeline of $36M. Steered $2M marketing spend shepherding buyer journey, digital content marketing, customer experience, social selling and global branding. Managed staff of 57
VP/GM of Global Messaging Services, SYNIVERSE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (SVR), Tampa, FL—2009 to 2013
- Grew Messaging 55%, executed 2 M&A integrations, and tripled overseas sales distribution. Managed $160M P&L and positioned SVR as market leader in PaaS platform processing 3 Billion transactions/day and winning GSM Association’s Best Cyber Security Product Award.
Consultant, Founder, & CEO, GLOBAL POINT VIEW, Washington, DC—2007 to 2009
- Completed projects for Facebook, Syniverse, HIG Capital, and others on mobile messaging products, services, and market outlook. Performed due diligence on $500M acquisition; expanded global markets, product benchmarking and business model strategies. Served as Expert Witness defending class action lawsuit.
VP of International Operator Sales & Marketing, MOBILE 365/Sybase (now SAP), Washington, DC—2001 to 2007
- Organized 1st international SMS interoperability platform, building $60M business unit from startup. Secured 400 B2B operator deals in 135 countries, led key acquisition, and reached 72% GPM, yielding $427M start up to liquidity event. Developed and directed international marketing processes supporting commercial strategy and sales plans.
International Services Director, Product and BD roles, SBC COMMUNICATIONS (now AT&T Wireless), San Francisco, CA—1996 to 2000
- “Blitz-scaled” from $400K to $72M in 2 years, integrating US, Asia, and European mobile networks. Negotiated 125 carrier agreements in 30 countries. Earlier roles as Product Development Director added $15M in revenue with early voice assistant software JV with Microsoft and created new handset rental distribution channel.
Prior to entering the mobile industry, he spent a decade crafting marketing and competitive strategies in the consumer goods and political arenas, focusing on public policy covering international trade, government finance, economic and technology development.
Keep Score, You Do More
Growing Revenue & Profitability
Driving Global Growth in Every Region
Digital Marketing Impact
Marketing to Pipeline to Close
Education, Professional Development, and Board Appointments
Master of Public Administration, Harvard University
BA in Political Science, Washington University in St. Louis
Avid learner, leader, and teacher, gathering information and forming connections in venues from hackathons to continuing education in business and global trends. Brief media, analysts and industry on innovation development and mobile strategies.
Corporate and Advisory Board Member: Openmind Networks (Dublin, Ireland, 2013 to Present), 3jam (2009 to 2007), Mach37 (2014 to Present), and John Paul Mitchell Systems (1993 to 1995).
Nonprofit Board Member: US Department of Defense — The Language Flagship (2009 to 2015) and Confucius Institute at the University of Maryland (2010 to Present).
US & EU Patent Co-Author: “Virtual Network Solution for Global SMS Message Exchange between GSM and ANSI Networks”
“Paul is the rare individual gifted with the vision to jump his organization multiple steps ahead, who also possesses the experience-derived pragmatism needed to prepare them for realities along the way…. Paul is certain to be a tremendous asset for any organization aiming not just to think forward, but to move forward.”Brandon Heck, PhD., Organizational Development Expert
“With a command of his craft, Paul’s strong corporate strategy skills combine with a constant drive toward financial and operational success. Paul was pivotal in Syniverse’s transformation to a market leader. He’s a game-changing addition to sales in all regions of the globe– excellent at working with customers and in guiding sales teams on the complexities of products and delivering wins.”Charles Landry, COO